All successful businesses are aware that keeping top-performing employees is as important as recruiting them. When companies’ hiring is focused on talent, it accomplishes both recruiting and retaining employees. Finding and developing talent guarantees retention.
How Talents Affect Business
- Talent exceeds knowledge and skills. People with talent have inborn drive, obvious positive approach to look at problems as challenges and they seek out ways for more competence and improvement. When they are placed in the right job and position, and with the right company, they help the company produce good results.
- Top performers attract other top performers to work with them. This will result in a high-functioning team made up of people who can achieve more. They develop a strong collaboration, produce greater productivity and efficiency that will greatly improve the outcomes and profitability of the business. The company will have a team full of creative visions that nurtures growth of the business and satisfaction of customers.
- Talented people are looking for a workplace that will allow them to grow and develop their true potential. When they are hired, it sets their motivation on fire. They are happy and satisfied with their job. They will want to stay and many other talents will want to work with the company.
- Hiring talents and not merely employees will bring the business to the top. Ordinary employees just perform their daily task, but talents will find ways to make their task contribute for the welfare and benefit of the company.
- Talents in the company are the strongest indicator of success. These are people who go to work every day not just to perform their daily task, but to produce results for their personal, as well as the companies’ development.
Recognizing talents and developing them for purposes of retention is a matter of attitude of the people running the company. People and culture will always affect the success of the business. CEOs, manager and department heads are still influenced by the old school of business management where there is hierarchy of power and decision making. The talents in the ranks are not allowed or given opportunities to not only grow but also to share their ideas and visions for the company. For all they know the talented saleslady or the talented packer at the warehouse has something to share for the success of the business.